This yummy chicken dish, golden brown with a buttery, garlicky wine sauce, looks fancy but is super easy to throw together, about 30 minutes from start to finish, cooked on the stovetop. I served it with creamed cauliflower and peas (both from the freezer section at the grocery store, so super fast and easy!) for a delicious, filling Fall dinner.
- Dry the chicken with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Lay thighs, skin side down, in pan and cook about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Flip chicken.
- Cook 5 more minutes, reducing heat to medium. Sprinkle the butter and garlic into the bottom of the pan, around the chicken.
4. When butter has melted, stir in wine.
5. Turn down heat until sauce is just simmering; cover and cook 10-15 more minutes or until chicken is tender.
6. Remove from heat. Plate chicken and spoon sauce over the top.